Background are objects representing model backgrounds.
- class xpsi.Background.Background(*args, **kwargs)
Base class for astronomical photon X-ray background.
- abstract __call__(energy_edges, phases)
Evaluate the background and store it as an attribute.
Notice that the background can be phase-dependent, and that the cached background must be a two-dimensional matrix equal in shape to that of the pulse signal incident on the telescope.
- property incident_background
Return the incident background specifc photon flux.
Note that the area units need to be consistent with the units the effective area is expressed in within the response matrix of the instrument object.
- property registered_background
Return the registered background count rate signal.
- class xpsi.Background.BackgroundError
Raised if there is an issue with the incident background .